MISSION OF TECHNOLOGY
The Department of Technology for the East Orange School District maintains and works with staff and students by giving them the latest access to technology in keeping with the district’s technology plan but also keeping with the district’s Internet use policy. Staff from the Technology Department works very closely with our schools and administrative staff members to help them identify hardware and software that meets the needs of the schools as well as central office staff.
We aim to bring authentic instruction to the learner, foster collaboration, and empower teachers to motivate and prepare learners for a complex 21st century society. Perhaps more importantly, our classrooms provide a vital connection between school and the digital lives of our students.
VISION AND GOALS
The vision and goals of the Technology Department are best understood by reviewing the district's Three Year Technology Plan located in the sidebar of this page. In addition, we maintain to:
- Provide, maintain, and support hardware and software
- Maintain and provide access to mission-critical data within a secure environment
- Provide documentation, education, and training for the East Orange School District
- Provide effective technology support for audio/visual, computer, multimedia, voice, video, and web based applications and services
- Provide fast and reliable access to all information systems
- Attract students who aspire to excel
- Provide a foundation and opportunity for life-long learning and adaptation to a changing world